The Arab American Association of New York (AAANY) seeks a professional, motivated and highly organized individual to join our team. The Administrative Assistant plays a critical role in supporting our staff through a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. They also play an important role in managing our lobby’s traffic and ensuring the safety of our employees and community members. The Administrative Assistant / Receptionist reports to the Office Manager and Deputy Director.
Salary commensurate with experience based on a rate range of $12-15 per hour. This is a part-time job.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIEs:
- Maintain the appearance, organization, and safety of the office.
- Provide superior customer service. Warmly welcome guests, identifying the purpose of their visit and announcing them appropriately.
- Managing all incoming and outgoing mail and packages.
- Answering and routing telephone calls and supervising others who answer incoming calls.
- Determine the priority of work assignments and processes in a prompt manner as directed.
- Routinely communicate with all staff and volunteers
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operational data and clients.
- Makes each community member feel informed, understood, and acknowledged.
- Resolve conflicts as they arise and support staff in managing clients’ expectations.
- Ability to communicate in spoken Arabic.
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others and models the values of the Arab American Association of New York.
- Leadership skills. Whether you're managing a group of interns or volunteers to help in the front
- desk, you'll need to keep a level head, be able to multitask and have excellent people skills
- Experience in a traditional office preferable; familiarity or experience with community-based organizations is an added plus.
- Confidence and comfort with discussing and handling sensitive issues such as immigration status and health care needs.
- Extremely well-organized and manages their time effectively.
- Ability to multi-task effectively & comfort working in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem-solving nature, responds with urgency and creativity.
- Excellent communication skills, including in person, by phone, and by email
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Cultural competency and experience working in urban communities of color.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to applications@ArabAmericanNY.org with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.