Advocacy and CiviC Engagement(ACE)Intern
The Advocacy and Civic Engagement (ACE) Intern will work closely with the Community Organizer and the Director of Advocacy. The intern will aim to engage youth and members of our community to advocate for imperative issues and for their individual rights. In addition, the intern will organize and present advocacy workshops, assist with voters’ registration, attend various advocacy events, assist with youth programs, including the Youth Racial Justice Program, and Take on Hate campaigns.
The ACE Intern is expected to commit at least 15 hours a week of work.
- Assist Community Organizer with administrative tasks and event planning
- Facilitate and manage youth program workshops
- Help youth and community members with voter registration
- Participate and represent AAANY at various events throughout the city
- Maintain a detailed record of all advocacy related events
- Stay tuned with current events related to AAANY’s community
- Assist with social media management
- College student or graduate (Arabic speaker preferred)
- Must be a self-starter; able to work independently
- Experience working with diverse and immigrant communities
- A strong and genuine desire to advocate for social justice and youth development
- Professional and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive