Advocacy and Civil Engagement(ACE)Intern
The Advocacy and Civil Engagement (ACE) Intern will work closely with the Advocacy and Civil Engagement Coordinator and the Youth Lead Organizer. The intern will aim to engage youth and members of our community to advocate for imperative issues and for their individual rights. In addition, the intern will organize and present advocacy workshops, assist with voters’ registration, attend various advocacy events, assist with planning for AWAL (Arab Women Activist & Leaders) group and Take On Hate, and manage social media.
The ACE Intern is expected to commit at least 15 hours/week of work with the Association; hours and days are somewhat flexible.
- Assist ACE Coordinator and Youth Lead Organizer with administrative tasks and event planning
- Help youth and community members with voter registration
- Participate and represent AAANY at various events throughout the city
- Maintain a detailed record of all advocacy related events
- Stay tuned with current events related to AAANY’s community
- Assist with social media management
- College student or graduate (Arabic speaker preferred)
- Experience working with diverse and immigrant communities
- A strong and genuine desire to advocate for social justice and youth development
- Professional and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive