Description: Casework Intern
The Casework Internship provides an excellent opportunity to get hands on experience with a dynamic non-profit working with the Arab immigrant community. This is excellent preparation for individuals interested in pursuing a career in social work, human services, immigration law or public administration. This is a hands-on introduction to community concerns and addressing them through direct service and advocacy.
The ideal candidate will be able to compassionately and efficiently handle cases while strengthening and supporting the community. Fluent English and working Arabic is preferred for this position, and a strong desire to empower and support the Arab-American community is preferred.
The Casework Intern is expected to commit at least 15 hours/week of work with the Association; hours and days are somewhat flexible.
- Assist with completing social service and immigration forms and applications
- Interpreting, translating for clients (depending on language skills)
- Provide individual case management related to immigration and social services
- Make copies of, and file application forms for clients
- Maintain confidential client database and case work files for individual clients
- Experience working with immigrant populations
- Some experience with completing immigration forms
- College Student or Graduate
- Able to work at least 2 days a week
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to commit at least a 3 month cycle