Civic Engagement Intern
The Civic Engagement Intern will primarily work with the Advocacy and Civic Engagement (ACE) team on ensuring that community members are registered to vote and understand their rights and power to change the status quo.
The Civic Engagement Intern is expected to commit to at least 12 hours per week for 6 months.
- Attend citizenship ceremonies and collect voter registration forms one day per week
- Develop and conduct workshops about the right to vote
- Reach out to local community spaces (religious institutions, mosques, schools, etc) about registering to vote.
- Attend a monthly civic engagement collaborative meeting with the New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC)
- Availability Wednesday mornings to attend citizenship ceremonies
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of written/spoken Arabic, knowledge of Spanish and other languages highly valuable
- Self-starter. able to operate independently and solve problems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Apps