Communications & Marketing Intern
The communications and marketing internship provides an excellent opportunity to get hands on experience with a dynamic non-profit working with the Arab immigrant community. This is excellent preparation for individuals interested in pursuing a career in communications, marketing, journalism, or design.
Duration: October 2016 - January 2017
The Communications and Marketing Intern is expected to commit at least 15 hours/week of work with the Association; hours and days are somewhat flexible.
- Post and edit content to the AAANY website (using square space)
- Draft and publish blog posts, E-Blasts (with Constant Contact), and other communications materials
- Develop communications , marketing, and outreach plans and effective strategies
- Maintain Social Media (FaceBook and Twitter)
- Assist in marketing and conducting outreach for AAANY events
- Current college student or recent graduate
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter, able to operate independently, and solve problems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Social Media Platforms, and Internet Research Tools
- Proficiency with web-editing (Square Space) preferred
- Design and web development experience preferred (Adobe, HTML, etc.)
Applications are rolling but interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.Times and hours are flexible but the intern is expected to commit at least 15 hours/week.