Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
What is DACA?
On June 15, 2012, President Obama announced that the Department of Homeland Security will Defer Action on deportation of young people who were brought to the US as children and meet certain requirements. If undocumented immigrant youth meet guidelines they can request consideration for deferred action for a period of two years, this means they get temporary protection from deportation or removal action and a work permit for two years.
Who is Eligible?
- You came to the U.S. before your 16th birthday
- You have lived continuously in the U.S. since June 15th 2007
- You were present in the U.S. on June 15th 2012 and when making a request
- You are undocumented as of June 15th 2012
- You are currently in High School, graduated High School, obtained a General Equivalency Exam (GED) OR were honorably discharged veteran of Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the U.S.
- You have NOT been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.
Our DACA Services
If you think you might be eligible for DACA please contact us! We can do a free screening to see if you are eligible, we can refer you to FREE legal services (that might be able to cover application fee) and FREE English and GED classes. We can also help you navigate the application process.
DACA Clinic (screening, application assistance and legal assistance) by appointment on Tuesday & Wednesday from 12PM- 5PM
Call 718-745-3523 and ask for Francis Madi
DACA Screening & Referrals Monday-Friday by appointment.
Call 718-745-3523 and ask for Evelyn Garcia
Find out more information about free lawyers, free English classes, free GED/HSE (High School Equivalency) classes, and other free community and social services.
• Link to USCIS/ U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service
• Download the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Document Sample Checklist
• Download AAANY's DACA Services Flyer in PDF
• Download AAANY's DACA Brochure