The Development Internship provides an excellent to get hands-on experience with a dynamic nonprofit working with the Arab immigrant community. This is excellent preparation for a career in nonprofit management, fundraising and work in immigrant or low-income urban communities. The intern will have the opportunity to learn about grant reporting requirements and play an integral role in helping the organization achieve its goals.
- Partner with Deputy Director to complete grant applications and reports
- Assist with grant-writing and programming
- Assist in the creation and execution of a development strategy
- Help build a robust donor database and contact management system
- Manage and cultivate donor relationships through the use of our donor database
- Assist with collecting data from program staff
Completing miscellaneous administrative tasks
- Current college student or recent graduate
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter, able to operate independently and solve problems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and internet research
- Demonstrated interested in Arab culture, language and policies preferred
Start Date and Hours
- Applications are rolling but interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- Times and hours are flexible but the intern is expected to commit at least 15 hours/week.
- AAANY is committed to developing the internship program that fits the needs of each intern. Further opportunities, such as professional development and networking with area professionals, are available.