The Development Internship provides an excellent opportunity to get hands-on experience with a dynamic non-profit working with the Arab immigrant community. This is excellent preparation for a career in nonprofit management, fundraising and work in immigrant or low-income urban communities.
The Development Intern will have an active role in preparing for and ensuring the success of the annual Arab American Bazaar in August. The intern will have the opportunity to learn about Government Grants and reporting requirements, and play an integral role in solidifying the robust structure of an organization.
The Development is expected to commit at least 15 hours/week of work with the Association; hours and days are somewhat flexible.
- Assist with Deputy Director to complete grant applications and reports
- Research and pursue new funding opportunities for the association
- Assist with collecting data from program staff
- Work with donor database to further cultivate donor relationships
- Engage in community outreach initiatives for planning the annual Bazaar and other events
- Current college student or recent graduate
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter, able to operate independently and solve problems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and internet research
- Demonstrated interested in Arab culture, language and policies preferred
How to Apply
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Development Intern in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.