Event Management intern
The Event Management Internship provides an excellent opportunity to get hands on experience with a dynamic non-profit working with the Arab immigrant community. This is excellent preparation for a career in project management and work in immigrant or low-income urban communities. The intern will have an active role in planning and executing three main events. the intern will work to ensure the success of the annual Arab American Bazaar, Annual Gala, and Mother's Day event.
Duration: February 2016 - May 2016 with potential to extend to August 2016
The Event Management Intern is expected to commit to at least 10 - 15 hours a week. Hours and days are somewhat flexible but Wednesday availability is a must.
- Planning, coordinating, and managing events
- Interacting with vendors
- Coordinating social media campaigns
- Designing flyers, floor plans, & promotional materials
- Working with a team to coordinate staffing and volunteer requirements
- Miscellaneous administrative work as needed
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Self-starter, able to operate independently and solve problems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and basic graphic design skills preferred
- Demonstrated interest in the Arab community preferred
- Arabic speaker preferred
Send resume and cover letter to the Intern & Volunteer Coordinator, Amanda Philip at Amanda.email@example.com