Event Management intern
The Event Management Internship provides an excellent opportunity to get hands on experience with a dynamic non-profit working with the Arab immigrant community. This is excellent preparation for a career in project management and work in immigrant or low-income urban communities. The intern will have an active role in planning and executing two of our main events, our annual Arab American Bazaar and Annual Gala.
Duration: Late May 2017 - Late August 2017
The Event Management Intern is expected to commit to at least 10 - 15 hours a week. Hours and days are somewhat flexible.
- Planning, coordinating, and managing events
- Interacting with vendors
- Coordinating social media campaigns
- Designing flyers, floor plans, & promotional materials
- Working with a team to coordinate staffing and volunteer requirements
- Miscellaneous administrative work as needed
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Self-starter, able to operate independently and solve problems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and basic graphic design skills preferred
- Demonstrated interest in the Arab community preferred
- Arabic speaker preferred
Send resume and cover letter to the Intern & Volunteer Coordinator, Amanda Philip at Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org