AAANY Internship Opportunities: Summer 2014
Communications and Marketing InternshipThe Communications Internship provides an excellent opportunity to get hands on experience with a dynamic non-profit working with the Arab immigrant community. This is excellent preparation for individuals interested in pursuing a career in journalism, advocacy, design.
Interns should be creative thinkers with an eye for aesthetics and a knack of innovation.
- Assist in the development of an organization-wide Communications Plan
- Post and edit content to the website (WordPress)
- Draft and publish blog posts, E-Blasts (with Constant Contact), and other communications materials
- Maintain Social Media (Facebook and Twitter)
- Current college student or recent graduate
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Self-starter, able to operate independently and solve problems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Social Media Platforms, and Internet Research Tools
- Proficiency with web-editing (WordPress) preferred
- Demonstrated interest in Arab world preferred
- Design and web development experience preferred (Adobe, HTML, etc.)
Start date and hours:
- Applications are rolling but interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- Times and hours are flexible but the intern is expected to commit to at least 15 hours/week
- AAANY is committed to developing the internship program that fits the needs of each intern. Further opportunities, such as professional development and networking with area professionals, are available.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Kayla Santosuosso at Kayla.email@example.com
The internship is unpaid, but AAANY is happy to work with students seeking academic credit or university support.