islamophobia Intern for take on hate campaign
The Islamophobia Intern for Take on Hate campaign will primarily work with the Advocacy and Civic Engagement (ACE) team on Take on Hate campaigns. The Take on Hate Intern will focus on educating and informing youth about Islamophobia and help them identify ways in which to combat Islamophobia in their communities by providing and compiling tools and resources to be available and accessible to them.
The Islamophobia Intern for Take on Hate campaign is expected to commit to at least 12 hours per week for 6 months.
- Establish and maintain a relationship with surrounding schools' administration and faculty to schedule Take on Hate workshops
- Be able to facilitate Take in Hate workshops and train others to do so with them
- Update curriculum for Take on Hate Workshops
- Recruit and train youth to engage in the campaign on their own campuses
- A strong interest in racial justice, and community politics regarding Islamophobia
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, able to operate independently and solve problems
- Experience with youth programming/education is a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Google Apps
- Open to constructive feedback within the organization
For more information about the Take on Hate campaign, check out their website.