Islamophobia related Hate crimes Intern
The Islamophobia related Hate Crimes Intern will primarily work with the Advocacy and Civic Engagement (ACE) team on recording, monitoring, and suggesting informed responses to hate crimes taking place in the community.
The Islamophobia related Hate Crimes Intern is expected to commit to 12 hours a week for 6 months.
- Collect data and monitor the intake of hate crimes happening around the community through an online form
- Provide clients with legal referrals or assist in reporting cases with accountable agencies
- Conduct 'Know Your Rights' outreach workshops within the AAANY Adult Ed & Youth programs and with the greater community
- Work with community organizations within the Muslim American Civil Liberties Coalition (MACLC) and Communities United for Police Reform (CPR) on legislation and policy
- Engage with written and video media outlets on behalf of AAANY
- A strong interest in social justice, social work, law, and policy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, able to operate independently and solve problems
- Strong knowledge of written/spoken Arabic preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps a must