DESCRIPTION: Legal Intern
This internship will be a chance to work with our growing Legal team here at the Arab American Association. Our mission is to support and empower the Arab Immigrant and Arab American community by providing services to help them adjust to their new home and become active members of society. Our aim is for families to achieve the ultimate goals of independence, productivity and stability.
We are looking for a law student that has some experience with Immigration Law or a pre-law college student with a keen interest in Immigration Law. We provide assistance with Temporary Protected Status applications, applying for asylum, citizenship applications, and more. There will be opportunity to conduct intakes with clients, put together Know Your Rights Packets and pamphlets, and find red flags in applications.
This internship will require a few hours of availiability on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and/or Fridays.
Arabic is preferable but not required.
- Assisting our staff attorney with cases including asylum
- Assist with completing social service and immigration forms and applications
- Provide individual case management related to immigration and social services
- Make copies of, and file application forms for clients
- Maintain confidential client database and case work files for all individual clients
- Must commit 2-3 days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday, and/or Friday)
- Law Student Preferred
- Pre-law student considered
- Immigration law experience is a plus
- Arabic preferred but not required