Minimum wage intern for the fight for $15 campaign
The Minimum Wage Intern for the Fight for $15 campaign will primarily work with the Advocacy and Civic Engagement (ACE) team on the campaign. They will serve as a representative of AAANY in the Fight for $15 coalition and create opportunities for the Arab American and Muslim American community, especially those working minimum wage jobs to become a part of the campaign.
The Minimum Wage Intern for the Fight for $15 campaign is expected to commit to at least 12 hours per week for 6 months. Availability every Thursday afternoon required.
- Outreach to Arab/Muslim American fast food workers and laborers to document their stories, and recruit them for events and rallies
- Attend monthly coalition meetings and assist in coordination of relevant actions
- Teach educational workshops within AAANY's Adult Ed & Youth programs about the FF$15
- Conduct community outreach within community spaces (religious centers/schools/colleges) to recruit community members to join the campaign
- Manage social media posts and communication regarding FF$15
- An interest in Economic Justice
- Availability every Thursday afternoon for weekly FF$15 coalition meetings
- Experience in community outreach
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Apps and social media platforms
- Knowledge of spoken/written Arabic is preferred; Spanish or other languages are valued
For more information about the Fight for $15 campaign, check out their website and the official Fight for $15 Facebook page.