description: Non-profit Management Assistant
Title: Non-profit Management Assistant
The Non-profit Management assistant will support staff in various administrative tasks to ensure the delivery of client services by maintaining a well managed office. The intern will assist department heads in the recruitment, training, and placement of volunteers. In addition, the management assistant will communicate with our staff, interns, and volunteers to maintain an effective work schedule.
This ideal candidate will gain experience in non-profit management, scheduling, and maintaining databases. This is excellent preparation for individuals seeking to gain experience in the non-profit field, human resources, and administrative field.
The Management Assistant is expected to commit to at least 15-20 hours a week with the Association; hours and days are somewhat flexible.
- Recruit, interview, and place volunteers into various programs and positions
- Manage volunteer and intern applications, contracts, schedules, orientation, and database
- Assist departments in event planning and assigning volunteer roles
- Maintain and manage a well organized office space
- Draft/send weekly updates to staff, volunteers, and interns
- Assist clients with various needs and services
- College student or recent graduate
- Fluent English and working Arabic is preferred for this position
- Experience working in a busy office and multitasking
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Professional, interpersonal skills as well as paying close attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps