The Arab American Association of New York (AAANY) seeks an experienced and organized managerial professional for the position of Operations Manager. The Operations Manager plays a critical role in maintaining facilities at both our office and our off-site Adult Education space, supporting staff and programs, and ensuring smooth day-to-day operations of AAANY. The Operations Manager reports to the Deputy Director.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIEs:
- Manage vendor relationships and ensure timely payments
- Stock and order adequate supplies for programs and general office operations
- Maintain and troubleshoot office equipment and office technology
- Manage meeting spaces and schedule usage of space
- Oversee and support our reception area and client intake process
- Act as primary facilities manager, interfacing with building management, and ensuring the space remains safe, clean, and workable for two separate offices
- Collecting and addressing client feedback and requests
- Managing a basic office management budget
- At least 1-2 years of work experience in a traditional office required, and preferably a familiarity or experience with community-based organizations.
- At least 1-2 years of management experience, including project, team, and/or space management
- Extremely well-organized and manages their time effectively
- Experience troubleshooting office technology is especially desired
- Ability to multi-task effectively & comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Problem-solving nature, responds with urgency and creativity
- Familiarity with QuickBooks and basic database software preferred
- Excellent communication skills, including in person, by phone, and by email
- Cultural competency and experience working in urban communities of color
- Multilingual speakers are preferred but not required (spoken Arabic is a significant advantage)
Salary & Benefits:
Salary: $28,000 per year for a 30-hour work week. Opportunities for professional development are available and encouraged.
Benefits include a basic health plan partially subsidized by the organization and 15 paid vacation days.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to applications@ArabAmericanNY.org with “Operations Manager” in subject line.