The Arab American Association of New York is a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit social service and advocacy organization located in Brooklyn, New York. Our mission is to support and empower the Arab American and Arab immigrant community by providing services that will help them to adjust to their new homeland and become active members of American society. Our aim is for families to achieve the ultimate goals of independence, productivity, and stability
AAANY seeks an experienced and organized managerial professional for the position of Operations Manager. The Operations Manager plays a critical role in maintaining facilities at both our office and our off-site Adult Education space, supporting staff and programs, and ensuring smooth day-to-day operations of AAANY. The Operations Manager reports to the Deputy Director and has 1-2 direct reports.
- Manage vendor relationships and ensure timely payments
- Stock and order adequate supplies for programs and general office operations
- Maintain and troubleshoot office equipment and office technology
- Manage meeting spaces and schedule outside group usage of space
- Oversee and support our reception area and client intake process
- Act as primary facilities manager, interfacing with building management, and ensuring the space remains safe, clean, and workable for main site and off-site location
- Collecting and addressing client feedback and requests
- Managing a basic office management budget
Strongly Preferred Qualifications:
- At least 1-2 years of work experience in a traditional office required, and preferably a familiarity or experience with community based organizations.
- At least 1-2 years of management experience, including project, team, and/or space management
- Extremely well-organized and manages their time effectively.
- Experience troubleshooting office technology is especially desired
- Ability to multi-task effectively & comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Problem-solving nature, responds with urgency and creativity
- Familiarity with QuickBooks and basic database software preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, including in person, by phone, and by email
- Cultural competency and experience working in urban communities of color.
- Multilingual speakers are preferred but not required ( spoken Arabic is a significant advantage)
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years of teaching and workshop development experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Tools.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Experience working in immigrant communities.
July 18, 2016
$38,000 per year. Benefits include a basic health plan partially subsidized by the organization and 10 paid vacation days. Opportunities for professional development are available and encouraged.
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to info@ArabAmericanNY.org with "Operations Manager" in subject line.