POSITION DESCRIPTION: Sat Instructor
SAT tutors must have a desire to work with high school students and be able to mentor them through high school’s most difficult challenges. In this role, SAT tutors will be able to create lesson plans, study groups, and realistic ‘test day’ experiences for our students. Furthermore, SAT tutors will also gain an understanding of the workings of a nonprofit organization, tutoring programs, and they will have the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the Arab American and immigrant community of Bay Ridge.
SAT teachers may receive school credit for their time if their school allows it. We are happy to further tailor internships/volunteer opportunities to individual interests.
· Facilitating an SAT class by working with the youth programs team
· Coordinating with youth programs coordinator to make sure students are provided with as much support as possible
· Taking attendance of the students who are present for each tutoring session
· Act as mentor and role model to youth
· Keeping track of student progress by keeping records of their scores on SAT practice tests
· College student or graduate
· Previous experience from working with youth
· A strong and genuine desire to help high school students
· Professional, interpersonal skills as well as attention to details
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to commit at least for a SAT class cycle (usually 3 months)