Social Services Intern
The social services intern is responsible for assisting clients with non-immigration social services paperwork including public benefits applications, signing up children for school, and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)/ food stamps applications. This is an excellent opportunity for those interested in Social Work or those currently enrolled in social work programs.
The ideal candidate will be able to compassionately and efficiently handle cases while strengthening and supporting the community. Fluent English and working Arabic is preferred for this position, and a strong desire to empower and support the Arab-American community is preferred.
The Social Services intern is expected to commit at least 10-15 hours/week of work with the Association; hours and days are somewhat flexible.
- Assist with completing social service and SNAP forms and applications
- Interpreting, translating for clients
- Provide individual case management related to SNAP and social services
- Make copies of, and file application forms for clients
- Maintain confidential client database and case work files for individual clients
- Experience working with immigrant populations
- Some experience with customer service, completing social services paperwork
- College Student or Graduate, above 18
- Able to work consistent weekly hours
- Ability to commit at least a 3 month cycle
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
If you would like to apply for this position, please apply by pressing here.